Estate Planning Solicitor in Urmston, Manchester
An estate plan gives you control over your wealth and wishes after you are deceased.
We all can smile at the truism “In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes” but few take on the task of facing our own mortality.
We understand how stressful “sorting your affairs” can be. Our years of experience means we can guide you through the process of creating an estate plan, ensuring that each element reflects your wishes.
A Last Will and Testament is only part of an estate plan so a properly prepared estate plan is required to allow you to decide for yourself the best options for your family.
An estate plan will help you tackling such issues as “who should care for minor children?”, “who should receive your assets?”, “which charitable organisations should receive a share of your wealth?”, and “who should administer the estate on your death?”.
Planning your estate will help you.
- Minimise delays and cost of probate. To ensure your property passes smoothly to your intended beneficiaries or into a carefully crafted Trust to protect dependents.
- Appoint a legal guardian for your minor children. To avoid the interference from a judge who can never know your children and their needs as you do.
- Elect an executor. To ensure that your money, possessions and property are distributed according to your wishes and avoid family disputes.
- Plan for taxation. To minimise tax burdens that may be due upon an individual’s death.
- Prepare a living Will. To plan who will care for you and oversee your finances if you are no longer able to care for yourself. Without clear direction these decisions will be made for you and will not necessarily reflect your wishes.
- End of life planning. To ensure your end of life decisions and preferences are clearly understood should you suffer a terminal illness.