The Law and Unmarried Couples

At Courmacs LLP Solicitors our Senior Family Law Consultant Solicitor provides a specialist advice and support for unmarried couples going through a separation.

Unmarried couples do not enjoy the same rights as married couples on separation, but they can make claims in relation to property whether jointly owned or owned by one party. Claims can also be made for financial provision for the children of unmarried couples.

It is important that you choose a solicitor who will use the right approach to achieve the best outcome for you and your family. At Courmacs LLP our primary focus is to work co-operatively with you and your former partner where possible to find a solution.

However, we also recognise those situations where a firm approach is required. We will consider with you all effective means of resolving issues including alternative dispute resolution, mediation, round the table meetings and court proceedings.

Where there are children involved, we always place their needs at the heart of what we do and our team of expect child law solicitors are in place to handle these matters for you.

We are also able to assist in the unfortunate event of the death of your partner in an unmarried relationship, where no or insufficient financial provision is made for you or your dependents by their will.


Please contact our Family Lawyer for a consultation, free of charge, to see how Courmacs can help you

Get in Touch

Call today on 0161 749 9606 OR Request Call Back

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.

Please confirm your consent by ticking the box.

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information provided on the website to provide the information on the services you have requested from us. Our privacy policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed.

Close Menu